I feel the urgent need to finally get proper RES journals in both German and English so since you'll get a journal flood during the next few hours/days I just wanted to inform you c:
Hey there guys
I've been member of HARPG since 2011 I think, so for four years. I admit, I've left the group some years ago but I still kept RES as an active RPG-stable. Things have changed since I got to know the HARPG community which was more than a year before I joined with my first stable, back then called The Firefly Stables,
and it's not quite like I'm missing any of the things from back then. I mean, not like they were bad. i just mean that I like the way the community has changed and that the actual HARPG groups have lost some influence. The whole scene is much more free than it used to be, the membership of any breeding or RPG groups in not necessary anymore to be able to get breedings or take part in competitions. Also, it seems like the whole problem about popular artists winning every competitions while newbies have no chance at all has decreased a lot over the years due to public and understandable point system in most shows and the wish of many hosts to make everyone feel same comfortable in the community.
There's only one thing that still bothers me: It's how expensive breedings, adoptables and imports have become. I mean, I totally respect it if people like it that way and also sell their breeding slots for points really. It's not like I want to blame anyone for doing this
But I personally remember when I joined HARPG and there were a) no breeding slots like there are now and b) the only thing you had to pay for it was a breeding picture. I also remember the discussions about if a shaded fullbody picture with background was too much of a payment for a breeding and that people demanded smaller pictures like fullbody without background or only headshot wit hbackground. Now the breedings cost points or even real money in most cases which means that new players barely have a chance. I understand that popular and successfull horses have slots (btw. I'm not a big fan of the slot system either) that are a bit more expensive but I think more than 200 points is a bit too much. There are like almost no players who make exceptions for new or young players who simply can't afford a breeding for points at all. Just to make one clear: Especially the new, unexperienced players are those who will take a lot of care of the foal, believe me! I would have never given away my first horses like Royalé or Tobi and I still wouldn't
And, come on, giving away a slot for "just" a fullbody breeding picture instead of two fullbody training pictures of some random other horse + 100 points won't make you die. If someone is willing to take the time and effort to draw a whole picture shows that they are really, really into that breeding, and a picture showing your horse gives it more credit points/stars/whatever if this is what you're looking for. I personally rather relinquish points or a picture instead of giving a foal to somebody who will surely not take care of it and rather give it to someone who maybe can't pay as much, but will love the foal and keep it active.
Just to have it mentioned: A sooty bay with two socks and a moon-shaped snip, and even if the adoptable sheet is amazingly shaded, is not worth to be sold in an auction starting at 200 points. Seriously. No matter how popular the designer is.
Anyway, it's everyone's own decision how they handle the import and breeding thing but I rememember when I was new and totally glad people allowed me to get a breeding and draw a breeding picture in return. I want other players, regardless of how long they've been member of the community or how rich they are, the chance to get this principle back. What I'm trying to do is test this new way of breeding. It's pretty easy:
- My horses have no breeding slots. So no reservation possible, which in return means that you don't have to be afraid that the slots will all be taken one day. You want a foal? Ask as soon as you have the time to draw it (:
- You show me your horse you want to breed with (note: my horses still have breed restrictions)
- Ince I confirmed you can tell me what you can and want to offer as a payment, no matter if its art, points, breeding slots, designs, imports,........
- I have the right to refuse a breeding due to severe problems, for example because I know you're hoarding horses. Sometimes I will just be a bit picky with my horses, especially when it comes to my mares. I want to keep it a bit realistic If the breeding status says closed, it is closed. Otherwisely feel free to ask
- New players will have equal chances like any other player while RES affiliates will have higher chances to get a breeding to some of my "personal specials" (e.g. Asking Alexandria or Apertado) or get it for free
- New players that have been member of dA for less than six months can get a breeding slot for free if they want to
So yeah... A bit more free and easier. I'm not into points. I'm not into CP's for my horses. I just want the community to be easy amd enjoyable for everyone Feel free to give me your opinions
Have a nice day